How To Get Rid Of A Pimple
How to get rid of a pimple without popping it is an issue that you are going to be facing at some point in your life. No matter how hard you try to prevent acne from happening to you, it will happen. And to make matters even worse, it will happen when you least want it. Be prepared!
Pimples can be classified as ready to be removed and not ready to be removed. Pimples that are “ready” have reached or broken the top layer of the skin whereas those that are “not ready” are beginning to show but are still developing under the skin.
Don’t Attempt To Pop A Pimple That Is Not “Ready”
Pimples that are ready to be removed can be “popped” or treated with the procedure on this page.
NOTE: Before considering popping a pimple, be sure to read the page for doing it safely and correctly.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if the pimple is “not ready”, any attempt to remove it by popping it will probably make it worse. In these cases you are far better off if you leave it alone except to reduce its size and cover it as best you can. Unless the pimple has reached the surface, it is not ready for removal by popping. Never attempt it at this stage.
So exactly how do you get rid of a pimple at this stage of its development mean? A pimple, especially an inflammatory pimple, is a lesion of the skin similar to a deep cut. So, to actually get rid of the pimple will take time. Instead, what you want to do is to remove the inflammation and ugliness. Also, even if you actually pop a pimple you must deal with the lesion left on the surface of the skin.
Because it is so important to convince you not to attempt to pop a pimple that is not ready, I need to elaborate a little more to explain the reasons.
Applying Pressure To A Pimple Can Cause Serious Problems
The process used to pop a pimple is to apply pressure around the site. When the pimple is not ready, you must apply more pressure than is acceptable. When you do this;
- You are most likely to force the oily substance, often infected, back deeper into the skin promoting further infection and a more serious blemish,
- You are likely to spread any infection that oozes out over your skin again spreading the chance of other outbreaks,
- You are very likely to cause an eruption and irritate the surrounding tissue making it actually appear worse than before.
- You are greatly increasing your risk of scarring.
Hopefully you will not attempt to pop your pimple that is not ready; however, you are still faced with the problem of how to get rid of a pimple. There is a way so relax and let’s get started.
First and most importantly, try not to pop this type of pimple. Popping even the simplest type of acne, a whitehead, can cause serious problems both short term and long term if not done properly. If you simply must resort to popping your pimple follow the procedure on ….
There is a good reason to draw out the infection rather than pop the pimple – it is safer and more sanitary.
Removing A Pimple – Without Popping It
The process of how to get rid of a pimple is actually quite simple. However, if not done properly, or if rushed, it can end in an emotional or physical disaster. Never rush the process nor force results.
The process consists of the following steps:
- Wash face thoroughly,
- Draw out the infection,
- Reduce the inflammation and size,
- Apply a healing solution,
- Allow time to let it settle down.
Before starting, gather all the material you will need:
- What you need for washing your face,
- Cotton balls,
- A bowl for the salt water solution.
You are now ready to begin. After thoroughly washing your face using the recommended procedure, you are ready to draw out the infection.
- Place some lukewarm (CAUTION: do not use hot water!) water in the bowl and saturate it with salt.
- Soak a clean cotton ball in the water saturated with salt.
- Squeeze out some of the salted water so it is not dripping.
Apply this gently, without rubbing, to the pimple. Hold it for at least 3 minutes. This should draw out most of the infection and redness.
Reduce The Swelling To Prevent Scarring
The next step is to reduce the swelling. You now take two dry cotton balls and very gently place them on either sides of the pimple. Without squeezing, gently roll the cotton balls together to close the skin around the pimple flattening it as you roll the skin. This step requires very little pressure. Applying too much pressure can cause a scar.
Next, apply a healing solution, such as aloe vera gel or honey, to the pimple. This step is very critical if you want to prevent scarring. You have an open wound on your face and you must treat it properly.
At this time you have finished the process of how to get rid of a pimple. You should let your face relax before applying makeup.
If the pimple has not reached the point where you can safely draw out the infection, skip step 2 and 3. Don’t push your luck as you can make matters much worse. As a substitute for these steps you can apply ice to the pimple to reduce the swelling and inflammation. This is only a temporary measure.
Now that you have gone through the process of removing your pimples, it is time to start, re-start, or rejuvenate a daily and weekly routine of washing or cleansing your face, and deeply cleaning your pores to prevent further acne breakouts.
Incoming search terms:
- how to get rid of a pimple without popping it
- how to get rid of a pimple without popping
- how to get rid of pimples without popping
- how to get rid of a pimple overnight without popping it
- how to get rid of whiteheads without popping
- how to get rid of pimple without popping
- how to get rid of a zit without popping it
- how to get rid of pimples without popping them
- how to remove a pimple without popping
- how to get rid of whiteheads without popping them